Friday, September 22, 2006

A Guide To This Blog

Yes, this is another MP3 blog. However, I am not only interested in telling you about my favorite artists, but also in engaging in some form of social/critical analysis of pop music and its role in our culture. However, I believe that the primary role of good pop music in today's culture is to be awesome. So I will attempt to make this blog as awesome as possbile.
The blog will be comprised of several different rotating features, which include:

Album Reviews: This one is pretty self-explanatory.

From the Vaults: Dusting off one of the great albums of yesteryear for modern day reconsideration. Not limited to "golden ages" such as the sixties or late seventies, this could be anything that wasn't released this year.

Song of the Week: At least once a week, there is a song that blows me away. I would like to share that with you.

Portrait of the Artist: A brief profile of an awesome band.

Live Awesomeness: I cover a lot of live shows in the Minneapolis area for howwastheshow.com. Here I will recap the show, share some pictures, and link to my review for HWTS.

Public Image: Once in awhile, I will spout ideas about music and cutlure. We'll see how it goes.

Top Five: Inspired, of course, by the film High Fidelity, I will give you my top five songs of a randomly chosen category.

No comments: