Thursday, November 30, 2006

EDITOR'S NOTE

Dear Reader,
Please forgive my laziness since Thanksgiving. My band Spencer McGillicutty is wrapping up the mixing on our forthcoming debut album and we are designing and packaging it ourselves, which has required more or less all of my time and focus. It seems that my mind cannot simultaneously function creatively and critically. Hopefully I will regain my listening abilities soon, so please do keep checking back if you feel so inclined.

Thanks,
Ryan

4 comments:

ryanruff said...

I'll be sure to let you know when we finish it.
I'm pretty excited.

David84 said...

you lazy terd

Kris said...

Wow, I can't wait to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Ryan-
So, I know you've undoubtedly gone to the MPR website and rated you top X albums of the year.
I think it's about time you made a little post of that top five.

Also, what's your take on Kimya Dawson? I find every time they play one of her songs on the Current it sticks in my head in a pleasant, happy mantra kind of way, but I'm not sure I could handle an entire album of the stuff.

Also, I had read an article about Joanna Newsom in New Yorker (I think) and wasn't sure, then read your post and decided to give a listen. You are correct, sir, awesome stuff.

I'll call when I'm back in town.